The City of Barstow is pleased to provide passport acceptance services in the general offices of City Hall, located at 220 E. Mountain View Road. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m .,Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm and excluding holidays. Please call for a designated appointment time: (760) 255-5123.
A United States Citizen may apply for a passport at any regional passport agency or an authorized passport acceptance facility. Requirements for obtaining a United States Passport are the following:
- Each applicant for a US passport is required to complete the prescribed application form, DS-11.
- The applicant must personally appear to submit the application to the passport agency or to an authorized passport acceptance facility.
- The applicant must present currently valid identification and submit proof of US citizenship, which is a an original or certified copy of his/her birth certificate or naturalization papers along with two passport photos.
- A passport application by mail (DS-82) can be only used for renewals for a current passport or a passport that has expired within 5 years of actual date.
- The passport fee is $110 for adults and $80 for children under 16 to be paid in the form of a check or money order. Please make it payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- The execution fee for the application is $25 payable to the City of Barstow.
- Children under 16 must have both signatures of parents.
- For passports to be expedited, there is an additional fee of $60 plus mailing fees. This will ensure delivery within 3 weeks.
For your convenience and faster service once you get to City Hall, you can print out the necessary forms (either DS-11 for the first-time passport or DS-82 for passport renewals) and complete the form before coming to city hall for processing.
Appointments are appreciated.
Days and Hours of Operation
Monday—Thursday, 8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
Any further information please contact:
220 E. Mountain View St., Suite A
Barstow, CA 92311