Permits & Reports

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

1. Do I need a permit to have a tent or canopy at my wedding, party, sales event, etc.?
Perhaps. You need a tent permit if your tent has no sides, and is larger than 400 square feet or if your tent has sides, and is larger than 200 square feet. Download a Tent Permit Application or contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at (760) 256-2254.  
2. Do I need a permit to have a fireworks display?

3. Can I burn yard waste?
Yes, after obtaining a free burn permit from the Fire District,
4. Are fire pits or backyard fireplaces like Chimneys allowed within the city limits?
Yes, with proper permit.

These regulations are set and enforced by the Mojave Air Quality Department and are not enforced by Barstow Fire. The AQMD determines which days that burning is allowed.  

5. How do I get a copy of a fire or emergency medical service (EMS) report?
EMS reports are $5. Reports can only be requested by the persons involved in the incident; by the parent or legal guardian (with proof of guardianship) of a minor, or by subpoena. A signed and notarized medical release form (signed by client or guardian) must accompany a written request by an attorney. Picture ID is required if picking up a report in person. EMS reports are available approximately seven days after the incident.

Fire reports are public information, with some restrictions, and cost $5.

Other information that is also required when requesting these reports includes, date of incident, location and/or incident number. Fire reports are available 10 to 20 working days after a fire.