Hello, this is Terri Peralta, Superintendent for our City's Park and Recreation Department. I would like to take a moment to provide you with a calendar of upcoming events. We hope you continue to enjoy the various amenities of our parks and citywide facilities.
Parks and Recreation
• Swim Lessons kicked off in June at Henderson Pool. Every Tuesday-Thursday in 2-week sessions kids can learn basic swimming techniques from staff.
• The Junior Lifeguard program kicked off on June 12th with candidates eager to learn the fundamentals of lifeguarding, as well as basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED), as well as First Aid.
• Throughout April and May, the successful T-Ball program went into full swing at the Robert A. Sessions Sportspark where young children were introduced to the fundamentals of an American Pastime.
• Completed painting the exterior railing of the upper snack bar and office at the Sportspark.
• Replaced Booster pump and connected plumbing for irrigation at Stringham Park.
• Refurbishing some areas inside the pump room at Henderson Pool.
• Responded to Major Wind Event - removed all damaged trees and equipment from our parks within a few days to ensure that the public had access to safe, clean parks.