Hello, this is Terri Peralta, Superintendent for our City's Park and Recreation Department. I would like to take a moment to provide you with a calendar of upcoming events. We hope you continue to enjoy the various amenities of our parks and citywide facilities.
Parks and Recreation
• The Dino Ebel Baseball Clinic was another success this year with over 100 kids coming out to learn basic skills from local professional players Aaron Sanchez, Danny Norman, Matt Mitchell, Austyn Willis, and Frank Maldonado.
• At the Sports-park practices and games are in full swing for Barstow Little League, Girls’ softball, Adult soccer, Men’s & Women’s Leagues, T-Ball, and JV high school baseball games.
CORA HARPER CENTER
• We just ended our Youth Basketball Season for all divisions and it was very successful with over 240 kids from ages 3 to 13.
• Registration for T-Ball has begun at the Cora Harper Fitness Center for ages 3 to 7. Games will be starting late March and end last week of May.
• We started a Volleyball League for ages 9 to 18 with 38 participants learning basic techniques of volleyball.
• We continue to host the Blood Bank every second Tuesday of each month from 1-8pm. Please come by and help our community by donating blood.
• Free Legal Aid is being held at the Cora Harper from 12pm-2pm every 4th Tuesday of each month.
PARKS & MAINTAINENCE
• Our Parks Maintenance Department helped with the new landscaping at the Harvey House for NASA’s Science on a Sphere, which recently won Best Event of the Year from the Chamber of Commerce.
• Our Parks Maintenance Department continues to work vigorously ensuring that all of our parks and ballfields are maintained at the highest standards possible for our community and local sports organizations.
• Barstow Little League will have its opening day on March 11th at Foglesong Park and on March 18th Girls’ Softball Little League will have its opening day at our Sports-park.
• Our Parks and Recreation Division assist with many community events throughout the year and we enjoy interacting with the community during these times.