Hello, this Kody Tompkins Chief Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator. As you may be aware the mission of the Barstow Wastewater Treatment Plant is to treat domestic and industrial wastewater from the City of Barstow and its surrounding communities in a manner that provides current and future customers with safe, efficient and cost effective wastewater treatment services while protecting the community, public health, plant staff and the environment from adverse impacts of wastewater and treatment by-products.
The City’s efforts are guided in part by federal, state and local regulations.
It is our goal to achieve this objective in a manner that demonstrates integrity, responsibility, safety and economically-sound practices and provide this quality and protection at the lowest possible cost to the citizens of Barstow and its customers.
Our employees are critical in the delivery of superior services to the residents of the City of Barstow. The commitment our employees demonstrate to their jobs and to the advancement of the City's goals is the key to our success in mission accomplishment.
I would like to take a moment to share with you some recent activities over this past quarter.
Waste Water Treatment Plant
Wastewater Treatment Plant
• Completion of the main line sewer project, roughly 3 1/2 years in the making.
• Completion of the invert syphon sewer-cleaning project
• Completed installation of the second screw press
• Two employees passed their CDL exam and driving test, obtaining their Class B licenses.
• Successfully treating and disposing of over 90 million gallons of wastewater