The City of Barstow is pleased to provide passport acceptance services in the general offices of City Hall, located at 220 E. Mountain View Road. Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm and excluding holidays. Please call for a designated appointment time: 760-255-5171
A United States Citizen may apply for a passport at any regional passport agency or an authorized passport acceptance facility. Requirements for obtaining a United States Passport are the following:
- Each applicant for a US passport is required to complete the prescribed application form, DS-11.
- The applicant must personally appear to submit the application to the passport agency or to an authorized passport acceptance facility.
- The applicant must present currently valid identification and submit proof of US citizenship, which is a an original or certified copy of his/her birth certificate or naturalization papers along with two passport photos.
- A passport application by mail (DS-82) can be only used for renewals for a current passport or a passport that has expired within 5 years of actual date.
- The passport fee is $110 for adults and $80 for children under 16 with an additional $25 execution fee to the City of Barstow for a total of $135 for adults and $105 for children.
- Children under 16 must have both signatures of parents.
- For passports to be expedited, there is an additional $60.00 plus $14.96 fee for Mail Express charges. This will ensure delivery within 3 weeks.
For your convenience and faster service once you get to City Hall, you can print out the necessary forms (either DS-11 for the first-time passport or DS-82 for passport renewals) and complete the form before coming to city hall for processing.
Appointments are appreciated.
Days and Hours of Operation
Any further information please contact:
Jessica Baca JoAnne Cousino
Deptuy City Clerk Municipal Records Supervisor
(760) 255-5171 (760) 256-3531 ext.122
220 E. Mountain View St. Suite ABarstow, CA 92311