The Measure Q (Ordinance No.957-2018) Barstow Resident Oversight Commission is composed of 5 members; 4 members selected by Council District, and 1 At-Large committee member as selected by the Mayor. The members were selected from a pool of applicants who applied directly to the City and met the selection criteria for service.
Role and Function
The Measure Q Citizens' Oversight Committee was created for the purpose of:
- Reviewing, on a quarterly basis, the city's expenditure of revenues received from the 1% Transaction and Use tax;
- Preparing a report at the close of each fiscal year of the total revenues received from the 1% Transaction and Use tax and the expenditure amounts categorized by each city department, including the Barstow Fire Protection District;
- Present the annual report to the city council as part of the annual budget process.
Resident Oversight Commission
- David Mendez, District 1
- Kimberly Johnson, District 2
- Barbara Rose, District 3
- John "Tex" Williams, District 4
- Leonard Williams, At-Large