Permits & Reports

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

1. Can I burn yard waste?
Yes, after obtaining a free burn permit from the Fire District at 861 Barstow Rd., Barstow Ca. 92311
2. Are fire pits or backyard fireplaces allowed within the city limits?
Yes, commercial fire pits purchased at stores such as Wal-Mart and Home Depot do not a need a permit. Self built fire pits require a permit and inspection from the Fire District. Feel free to pick up your permit in person at no charge: 861 Barstow Rd.

3. How do I get a copy of a fire or emergency medical service (EMS) report?
EMS reports are $5. Reports can only be requested by the persons involved in the incident; by the parent or legal guardian (with proof of guardianship) of a minor, or by subpoena. A signed and notarized medical release form (signed by client or guardian) must accompany a written request by an attorney. Picture ID is required if picking up a report in person. EMS reports are available approximately seven days after the incident.

Fire reports are public information, with some restrictions, and cost $5.

Other information that is also required when requesting these reports includes, date of incident, location and/or incident number. Fire reports are available 10 to 20 working days after a fire.